Passion. Trust. Expertise... Results.
Going through the process of separation and divorce will be one of the most challenging life events you will experience. Let us take care of the legal side so you can focus on what matters most – you and your family.
Like many of our clients, you and your spouse have likely done everything possible to avoid getting to this point – especially if children are involved. But sometimes the end of the relationship is the only option. If that’s where you feel you are headed, or have already reached that point, understandably you are exhausted and overwhelmed. The legal process need not be.
Every relationship and family is unique, with it’s own set of challenges. That’s why our family law experts take a methodical and focused approach to dealing with your unique situation:
- We will take the time to listen and understand your specific circumstances.
- Our trusted family law lawyers will answer all of your questions (big and small) and ensure you have all of the knowledge and information you need to make the best and most informed decisions for you and your family.
- Once we have the whole picture, we will recommend the best strategy and course of action to help you achieve your desired outcome as cost effectively and quickly as possible.
- When you are ready to proceed, we will pursue the actions required through mediation or litigation to resolve your matter cost-effectively and quickly.
For over 50 years, McQuarrie has advocated for and helped clients throughout B.C. deal with the complex issues that arise in family law matters. We can help you.
Whatever you decide is best for you, our divorce lawyers will be in your corner to get you the best possible outcome.
Our divorce lawyers have a proven track record of getting results for clients cost effectively and quickly, while minimizing stress and anxiety, so you can get back to living your life.
Our services cover every area of family law including:
- Separation and divorce
- Child and spousal support
- High net worth separation and divorce
- Child custody, guardianship, parenting time
- Division of property and assets (married and common-law)
- Mobility applications (the right to move where children are involved)
- Restraining/protection orders
- Marriage, cohabitation, prenuptial and separation agreements.
While our goal is to help our clients achieve a fair and equitable arrangement outside of the courtroom, if your matter does require a trial, our family law lawyers are highly experienced trial lawyers and we excel in all levels of court including British Columbia Provincial Court, Supreme Court of British Columbia and the British Columbia Court of Appeal.
Mediation Could Be Right For You
While some couples can dissolve a marriage peacefully and fairly without outside assistance, many couples benefit from the services of a divorce mediator.
What Are The Benefits Of Divorce Mediation?
- Divorce mediation allows a couple to meet with a neutral, third-party professional who is experienced in helping couples resolve common issues related to divorce proceedings.
- Mediation is typically much faster and less expensive than a divorce trial, which can be helpful for getting a quick and satisfactory resolution to divorce-related issues.
- Divorce mediation allows couples to have more control over how the marriage is dissolved. At the end of a divorce trial, it is ultimately up to the judge to make a decision about things like custody, division of assets and other important issues. With the help of a mediator, couples can choose the best course of action relating to these matters instead.
When is Divorce Mediation the Right Choice?
Hiring a mediator is generally most helpful for couples who agree to divorce but need help with communication and deciding on fair outcomes for issues including finances and child custody.
There are certain instances when it is best to go through the process of a divorce trial or seek alternate ways of dissolving a marriage.
One example of this is if there is a history of domestic violence or abuse. In these cases, mediation is typically not recommended because the meetings can become too emotionally charged.
It’s important to remember that the divorce mediation process involves frequent face-to-face meetings with both spouses present, so if there is resentment or anger present, mediation may not be the recommended course of action.
Are You Considering Divorce Mediation?
Our divorce mediators can help you navigate through communicating over difficult issues so that both parties reach a resolution that satisfies them.
The family lawyers at McQuarrie have years of experience in mediation. Contact us to find out about the support we can provide.