Passion. Trust. Expertise... Results
When you are faced with a dispute about a loved one’s assets, will or estate, partnering with our dedicated lawyers who take pride in creatively resolving such disputes is critical to achieving the best outcome. Families, unfortunately, can become embroiled in disputes and disagreements as parents or loved ones age or become vulnerable, and also following death. Recognizing that these can be trying times, we bring our decades of knowledge and experience to act in your best interests.
Estates and Trusts Litigation Lawyers You Can Trust
We have a team of Estates and Trusts Litigation lawyers who have decades of experience in this practice area. We can also draw on the experience of our Estate Planning and Adminisration team to deliver a creative and holistic approach to your dispute. Our top priority is achieving the best results for our clients through in-depth enquiry, a highly personal approach and dedicated experience in this area of law. We use various techniques and strategies through negotiation, mediation and advocacy at all levels of Court in British Columbia.
All families are unique and so too are the circumstances involving their disputes. We cannot list all of the circumstances that may apply in the myriad of situations that we have addressed over the years, but should any of these circumstances apply to you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Disputes about the ownership of assets, including property and money – holding assets in trust
- Challenging transactions transferring assets – validity of transactions, including capacity and undue influence
- Concerns about your loved one’s mental capacity to take care of his or her personal and financial affairs or concerns about your loved one’s vulnerability to others – committeeship
- The conduct of someone appointed under a Power of Attorney or Representation Agreement – breach of fiduciary duty
- What assets are or should be in the estate
- The suitability of the executor appointed in the Will and who is best suited to administer an estate
- The executor’s or administrator’s administration of the estate
- The executor’s or administrator’s estate accounting
- Attacking or defending Trusts
- The role and conduct of trustees
- Trust accounting
Estates and Trusts Disputes
These disputes arise in circumstances that may be highly emotional, among those with close relationships or at a time of grief at the loss of a loved one. You will benefit not only from the expertise but also from the personal attention of our dedicated team of lawyers to the details of your particular circumstances, both of which you need to successfully resolve your dispute.
We bring a team approach working with you to achieve the best results for you; but, first it starts with a conversation.
Book your consultation and speak with one of our Estate Litigation lawyers. We will listen to you, then explain the legal issues that apply to your situation and discuss with you the options for proceeding. We will develop a strategy with you that is tailored to your specific circumstances, and hold your hand as we work through the process for achieving your best outcome.