Puneet was born and raised in British Columbia and is passionate about her roots in Surrey. Puneet graduated from the University of Ottawa with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) Cum Laude in 2019. Prior to attending law school, Puneet obtained a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) with distinction from Kwantlen Polytechnic University. Puneet joined McQuarrie as a summer student in 2018 and is currently completing her articles with the firm.
While completing her legal studies, Puneet participated in the Law Students’ Legal Advice Program (LSLAP) and the Refugee Sponsorship Support Program (Refugee SSP). These programs aim to provide crucial legal services on a pro-bono basis while allowing law students to gain practical legal skills. Puneet also gained valuable legal research and writing skills as an Assistant Editor with the Ottawa Law Review. During her legal studies, Puneet also interned at two boutique law firms both in Surrey and in Vancouver.
- Juris Doctor Cum Laude, University of Ottawa, 2019
- Bachelor of Arts with Distinction, Kwantlen Polytechnic University, 2014
- Surrey’s Top 25 Under 25 – Surrey Board of Trade, 2015
- Sian Simmonds Memorial Award, 2013
- Victor and Edith Martin Prize in History, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts Major in History Award, 2011
- VP Communications, South Asian Law Student Association – University of Ottawa, (2018-2019)
- Co-President, South Asian Law Student Association – University of Ottawa, (2017-2018)
- Newcomer Assistant, Immigrant Services Society of British Columbia, (2016)
- Mentor, Kid Start – PLEA Community Services, (2014-2016)
- Youth Representative, The Surrey Heritage Advisory Commission – City of Surrey, (2014-2016)
- Guest Speaker, Business Structures Workshop – DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society, 2019