Puneet is a solicitor in our business law and real estate group. She assists clients on a variety of corporate and commercial matters. Having worked in her family-owned business from a young age, Puneet brings a unique perspective and practical approach to her practice.
Puneet joined McQuarrie as a summer student in 2018 and returned for her articles with the firm in 2019. Upon completion of her articles in 2020, Puneet joined McQuarrie as an associate.
Puneet was born and raised in British Columbia and is passionate about her roots in Surrey. In 2015, she received Surrey’s Top 25 Under 25 Award in recognition of her volunteerism and business achievements. Puneet has strong ties to her community and is fluent in English and Punjabi, and is conversant in Hindi.
Puneet graduated from the University of Ottawa with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) Cum Laude in 2019. While completing her legal studies, Puneet interned at two boutique law firms both in Surrey and in Vancouver. As well, she participated in the Law Students’ Legal Advice Program and the Refugee Sponsorship Support Program. These programs aim to provide crucial legal services on a pro-bono basis while allowing law students to gain practical legal skills. Puneet also gained valuable legal research skills as an Assistant Editor with the Ottawa Law Review.
- Juris Doctor Cum Laude, University of Ottawa, 2019
- Bachelor of Arts with Distinction, Kwantlen Polytechnic University, 2014
- Surrey’s Top 25 Under 25, Surrey Board of Trade, 2015
- Sian Simmonds Memorial Award, 2013
- Victor and Edith Martin Prize in History, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts Major in History Award, 2011
- VP Communications, South Asian Law Student Association, University of Ottawa, 2018-2019
- Co-President, South Asian Law Student Association, University of Ottawa, 2017-2018
- Clinician, Law Students’ Legal Advice Program, 2017
- Assistant Editor, Ottawa Law Review – University of Ottawa, 2016-2017
- Newcomer Assistant, Immigrant Services Society of British Columbia, 2016
- Youth Representative, The Surrey Heritage Advisory Commission, City of Surrey, 2014-2016
- Mentor, Kid Start – PLEA Community Services, 2014-2016
- Guest Speaker, Business Structures Workshop, DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society, 2019
- Watching Movies
- Exploring Eateries
- Reading Historical Nonfiction and Biographies