Greg’s practice includes all aspects of real estate law, with particular focus on land development.
He advises clients in matters relating to assembling development land, rezoning property and structuring single family, commercial and mixed-use developments.
Greg advises clients on setting up appropriate corporate structures for real estate transactions, including partnerships, joint ventures, cost sharing agreements and bare trusts. He has extensive experience in acquiring and disposing of commercial real estate and assists borrowers with their acquisition, development and construction financing facilities.
Greg also assists clients with preparing their real estate disclosure statements and sales contracts, and advises landlords and tenants on all aspects of commercial leasing.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Greater Vancouver Home Builders’ Association
Positions / Community Involvement
- Bethesda Christian Association board of directors. Bethesda supports individuals with disabilities and their families.
Lectures / Publications / Seminars
- Statutory Rescission Rights under the Real Estate Development Marketing Act, 2007 (CLEBC)
- Acted for a large lending syndicate in financing a commercial real estate development
- Acted for international developers in preparing a disclosure statement for development property in foreign jurisdictions
- Acting for vendors and purchasers in the negotiation and drafting of purchase agreements involving land and shares of bare trustee companies
- Acting for vendors and purchasers of office buildings, shopping centres and industrial properties in the Greater Vancouver area
- Acting for borrowers in negotiating, drafting and reviewing development financing facilities and security
- Acting for landlords and tenants in negotiating, drafting and reviewing commercial leases
- Acting for developers of multi-family residential developments throughout BC, including phased, residential, industrial and mixed-use developments
- Advising clients on appropriate structures for real estate transactions, including partnerships, joint ventures, cost sharing arrangements and bare trusts
Hobbies / Interests
- Bachelor of Laws, University of British Columbia, 2002
- Undergraduate Studies, Trinity Western University, 1996–2000
Years of Call & Jurisdiction
- Called to the BC Bar in 2003