Cindy (Qin Ji) Zheng
Cindy works with individuals and corporate clients to provide legal advice on a variety of business and employment law related issues.
As a solicitor in our corporate-commercial practice group, Cindy assists clients with negotiating and drafting service agreement, lease agreement, and purchase and sale agreements (for residential and commercial property), as well as advising clients on how to structure business transactions to best protect her clients’ needs and interests.
As a member of our employment law practice group, Cindy is experienced in drafting employment contracts and workplace policies, pursuing and defending wrongful dismissal claims and human rights complaints, and negotiating settlement agreements. Cindy regularly advises employers on a multitude of issues arising in the workplace, including advising clients on policy development, workplace investigations, workplace impairment, and employer’s duties to employees under human rights legislation.
- Called to the British Columbia bar in September 2012
- Juris Doctor, University of British Columbia, 2011
- Bachelor of Arts, University of British Columbia, 2008
- Represented clients in tribunal matters, including tenancy disputes, on behalf of both tenants and landlords.
- Represented clients in Provincial and Supreme Court of British Columbia.
- Assisted clients in reaching settlement agreements, before and after the start of legal proceedings.
- Canadian Bar Association
- DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society (on the Board of Directors)