Joe’s areas of practice include:
- Reorganizations and amalgamations
- Drafting, negotiation, and review of legal contracts
Buying and Selling a Business
- Negotiation, drafting and review of letters of intent and purchase and sale agreements (asset and share transactions)
- Related financings including vendor takeback financing
- Acting for buyers and sellers of residential and commercial real estate, including farms, shopping centres, and multi-tenant buildings
- Drafting and negotiation of commercial leases (on behalf of the landlord or tenant), assignments of lease, and subleases
- Acting for institutional lenders and commercial borrowers for commercial financings
- Reorganizations, amalgamations, s. 85 agreements, and other tax-driven transactions
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Member of the Surrey Board of Trade’s Business Excellence Awards Committee.
- Regular guest lecturer at The Self Employment and Entrepreneur Development Society (SEEDS), where he lectures on matters relating to entering into business ventures.
Hobbies / Interests
- Keeping fit
- Collecting/restoring pinball machines