Residential Land Development
The legal aspect of residential land development is not always easy, with a range of issues that can lead to additional costs or even the inability to complete your project. Complications might arise in relation to the possession, use, and enjoyment of the land, or in any improvements to be made.
For builders, lenders, landlords, and tenants alike, there are complex situations to be addressed.
Navigating the challenges associated with residential land development will require a qualified lawyer to ensure a favourable outcome, and McQuarrie has the experience needed to help builders, developers, and other land-use professionals achieve the results they seek.
McQuarrie’s team of real estate lawyers will provide you with tailored, practical advice at every step along the way. We will be with you from the acquisition of the land through the planning, servicing, and construction, all the way to the sale or lease. Attention to even the smallest details means that nothing is overlooked.
Our dedicated professionals are fully committed to providing you with practical advice that you can trust. We understand your goals, and we can help you achieve them with a powerful mix of experience and creativity.
Some of the areas of land development with which we can help you include:
- Preparing contracts for purchase and sale, conveyance, or land exchange
- Construction developments
- Financing and refinancing
- Condominium projects
- Preparing subdivision documents, including easements, rights of way, and restrictive covenants
- Negotiating and preparing joint venture agreements for acreage owners and independent clients who wish to acquire land for development or investment purposes
- Advising on other types of development structures, including leases and co- operatives
- Setting up and running homeowner and resident associations
- Sale and lease-back arrangements
McQuarrie’s team also has practical experience advising vendors and developers with managing initial land development offerings, including:
- Preparation of disclosure statements and sale contracts
- Reviewing loan agreements and financing for acquisition, development, and construction
- Advice pertaining to municipal and governmental zoning and re-zoning regulations
- Preparation of contracts for management and construction services
These are just a few of the ways that McQuarrie can serve you. Our experience and dedication combined with common sense, creativity, and passion for what we do means that we will get you the results you want.
Whether you need assistance in obtaining approvals for an addition, severing a lot from an existing parcel of land for development, re-developing an existing location, or purchasing land in order to subdivide and begin developing, we are here for you! Contact us today to learn more.