As an experienced Insurance Denials Lawyer, Sarando has a demonstrated history of helping individuals and companies with denied insurance claims. Skilled in complex negotiations, mediation, disability insurance, general insurance, and civil litigation, he strives to get the best possible results for his clients.
Originally from Winnipeg, Sarando was called to the B.C. Bar in 1993 and to the Manitoba Bar in 1992. Since then, over the past 26 years, his practice has been exclusively in litigated civil claims involving harm caused by negligence and the unjust denial of insurance benefits and other insurance coverages, including life claims, property loss and critical illness.
While his legal experience extends to complex class action lawsuits against Big Pharma and other forms of corporate wrongdoing, he has also represented hundreds of British Columbians whose claims for insurance benefits and/or coverage have been denied. He has successfully brought to resolution litigated claims involving short and long-term disability benefits, mortgage insurance, life insurance, business interruption and property loss.
Sarando’s many years of experience have given him a deep understanding of the complexities of insurance law and just how devastating a denial of expected coverage can be.
- Called to the BC Bar on November 1993
- Called to the Manitoba Bar on June 1992
- B.A. (Honours) University of Manitoba
- LL.B., University of Manitoba, 1991
- Trial Lawyers of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Founding member of the Surrey Bar Association having held executive positions including secretary, treasurer, vice president and president, on the board since 2006.
Sarando has acted for hundreds of Plaintiffs involving cases against all major insurance companies for denied insurance benefits including:
- Long term disability
- Life Insurance
- Fire Loss
- Critical Illness
- Mortgage Insurance
- Property Loss
- Business Interruption
- Founding Member, Surrey Bar Association