Douglas J. Conolly
Doug is a partner and the head of our Commercial Litigation Group. He is also a member of the Executive Committee at McQuarrie and responsible for the firm’s finance portfolio.
Doug was born and raised in British Columbia and has diverse educational and life experience. Doug provides representation and litigation consulting services for many high net worth individuals and well-known companies, both local and international, including a range of professionals, business owners, landowners and developers, contractors, material suppliers, directors, and shareholders in diverse industries such as mining, land development, investment, manufacturing, professional services, leasing, aviation, and construction. Doug’s core legal experience and expertise include advising and acting for clients in regard to complex shareholder and partnership disputes, oppression claims, corporate governance issues, real estate, insurance, commercial leasing, construction, and issues arising from the Builder’s Lien Act. Doug also offers select representation to seriously injured persons occasioned by the negligence of motor vehicle drivers and negligent occupiers.
Doug enjoys analyzing and strategically resolving complex and intellectually challenging issues in a pragmatic and efficient manner and has successfully represented clients at arbitration and mediation and at the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, Federal Court, and the Tax Court of Canada.
- Called to the BC Bar in May 2002
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Alberta, 2001
- Bachelor of Arts, Simon Fraser University, 1998
- Canadian Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Greater Vancouver Home Builders’ Association
- Vancouver Community College
Doug provides practical advice and seeks to resolve issues quickly and efficiently. Doug is also a member of the Trial Lawyers Association and Canadian Bar Association and has been a speaker and presenter for the Greater Vancouver Homebuilders’ Association and an instructor at Vancouver Community College. Some of his experience includes:
- Arbitration in Canada and the United States
- Serious Personal Injury Claims
- Builders’ liens and constructions disputes
- Real estate/land disputes
- Shareholder/partnership disputes
- Chambers, Trial, and Appellate advocacy
- Greater Vancouver Home Builders’ Association, speaker/presenter on legal issues
- Vancouver Community College, instructor
- Queens Park Felburn Hospital Society