Chris J. Bettencourt*
Chris articled with McQuarrie Hunter LLP in 2009, and continued his practice with the firm as an associate until joining the partnership in January of 2016.
Chris specializes in assisting clients with the acquisition, development, and sale of residential and all aspects of commercial real estate law. Chris has worked with developers on a wide variety of projects such as single family subdivisions, mixed use developments and large stratified townhouse projects.
Chris also has experience with drafting agreements relating to a wide variety of business and corporate transactions including debt financing, mergers and acquisitions, and incorporations.
*CJB Law Corporation
- Called to the British Columbia Bar in 2010
- Bachelor of Laws, University of British Columbia, 2003
- Bachelor of Sciences, Queen’s University, 1996
- Canadian Bar Association
- Urban Development Institute – Fraser Valley Committee Member
- Surrey Bar Association
- Surrey Board of Trade
- Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver: past Big Brother, volunteer for the Speaker’s Bureau, and winner of the Cecil S. Walker Award for outstanding support to the organization from Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver
- Volunteer – Access Pro Bono, Solicitors’ Program
- Coast Mental Health (Coast Foundation Society) – Director
- People’s Law School, past guest lecturer on business law
- Vancouver Community College Paralegal Program, instructor, 2010 – 2015
- Guest Lecturer, Professional Legal Training Course – Company Law