Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association Automobile Insurance Subcommittee
- McQuarrie Hunter LLP’s Associates Committee, chair since 2002
Positions / Community Involvement
- Simon Fraser Society for Community Living, past director
Lectures / Publications / Seminars
- “Keeping Records, Writing Reports and Giving Testimony in Court: The Do’s and Don’ts,” seminar for the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia, November 2008
Hobbies / Interests
- Avid golfer
- Playing the guitar, songwriting
- Ice hockey
- Coaching his son’s ice hockey—Novice and Atom levels
- Spending time with his wife and two children
Perry has practiced almost exclusively in the area of personal injury litigation since being called to the Bar in 1993. For the past several years his practice is exclusively devoted to acting for injured plaintiff’s only. For many years prior to that he was involved in the investigation, assessment and defence of ICBC claims. This unique combination of experience and skill gives his clients a strong advantage when advancing their personal injury claims.
Throughout his legal career Perry has acquired extensive experience in bringing claims involving:
- Mild traumatic brain injuries
- Post traumatic stress disorder claims
- Psychiatric disorders
- Chronic pain
- Psychological trauma
- TMJ claims
- Soft tissue injuries
- Whiplash and other spinal injuries
- Complex orthopaedic injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Chemical burn claims
- Family compensation claims
- Complex future income loss claims
- Complex future care claims
- In-trust claims,
- Infant claims
- Motorcycle injury claims
- High speed highway crashes
- Trip and fall claims
- Worksafe BC claims
- Low velocity impact claims.
Perry has extensive trial experience, both before Judges and juries, as well as Rule 18A and Rule 66 hearings. Perry has also attended numerous mediations and informal settlement negotiations, the vast majority of which have resulted in successful resolution of claims.
Perry takes particular pride in achieving a 2 million dollar judgment after a hard fought 3 week trial on behalf of a personal injury client in 2012.
Perry was invited into Partnership at McQuarrie Hunter LLP in 2001. Prior to their elevation to the bench of the Supreme Court of British Columbia, Perry was mentored by and worked directly alongside both Mr. Justice Robert Crawford and Mr. Justice David Brine.