Jacy provides solutions to family members needing help sorting out property issues, or to family members needing help with estates that seem to be unfairly distributed by a will or by transactions that happened before someone died.
She also assists land owners and business people with resolving disputes, including insurance and professional negligence claims.
Jacy approaches dispute resolution through a variety of processes or through the courts. She has appeared at all levels of court in British Columbia and uses a solutions-based approach to dealing with matters and a personal, team-oriented approach to dealing with clients.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Association of Black Lawyers
- Canadian Bar Association’s Equality Committee, 1999–2003
- Continuing Legal Education Society, Wills and Estates Practice Area Advisory Committee, 2000–2001
Jacy J. Wingson, QC has represented clients at the Court of Appeal over the past 19 years. She has honed her skills and expertise in meticulously preparing for appeals and in thoroughly advocating her clients’ positions at the Court of Appeal.
- Dhaliwal v. Ollek, 2012 BCCA 86
- Rangi v. Rangi, 2007 BCCA 352
- Garcha v. Khalsa Diwan Society – New Westminster, 2006 BCCA 140
Positions / Community Involvement
- Surrey Memorial Hospital Foundation, member of the Executive Committee and past chair
- Little Flower Academy, member, Board of Directors
- Little Flower Academy Parents’ Auxiliary, member
Lectures / Publications / Seminars
- Professional Legal Training Course, Law Society of BC, guest lecturer
Hobbies / Interests
- Spending time with family and friends
- Bachelor of Laws, Osgoode Hall Law School, 1987
- Bachelor of Arts, University of British Columbia, 1982
Years of Call & Jurisdiction
- Called to the BC Bar in 1993
- Called to the Bar in Trinidad and Tobago in 1989