Sarah’s practice includes a full range of family law services including adoption, separation agreements and cohabitation agreements, as well as litigation regarding joint family property, guardianship, allocation of parenting responsibilities and spousal support. Sarah is also completing her mediation training which will enable her assist clients in resolving their disputes outside of court.
Sarah also has experience in employment and human rights law, both on the employer and employee sides of these issues. In addition to writing a paper for the Continuing Legal Education organization on wrongful dismissal, she also assisted in preparation of client employee handbooks.
Along with David Halkett, Sarah is a regular guest on the Law Show on CISL 650 and competed in the Champion of the Crescent for Children’s Mental Health.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association
- CBA Westminster Family Law Subsection
- Tri Cities Chamber of Commerce
- Trial Lawyers Association of BC
- Surrey Bar Association
Positions / Community Involvement
- CBA Westminster Family Law Section, coordinator 2013 to present
- Tri Cities Chamber of Commerce Member
- Experience as a policy analyst with various government ministries including Education and Aboriginal Relations
- Policy Analyst for Workers’ Compensation Board
- Assisted clients with various criminal matters at the Law Centre in Victoria
- Represented clients in provincial court, supreme court and court of appeal and as counsel for the Ministry of Social Development and Innovation under the Employment and Assistance Act in both Surrey and New Westminster Provincial Court.
Hobbies / Interests
- Paddle boarding
- Adventure racing
- Spending time with my daughter
- Bachelor of Arts (Criminology and Psychology), SFU 1995
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Victoria 1999
- Real Estate Licensing Program, UBC 2003
- Mediation Training Levels 1 through 3
Years of Call & Jurisdiction
- Called to the BC Bar in February 2001