Trial and Appellate Experience
- Parker v. Martin, 2017 BCSC 446, a motor vehicle accident case involving the testimony of expert Cardiologist on the effects of intervening heart attack on loss of earning capacity claim;
- Lui v. Transportation Investment Corporation, 2016 BCSC 827, a proposed class action brought against the operators of the Port Mann Bridge regarding late payment fees and the charging of criminal interest;
- R. v. Nguyen et al., 2014 BCPC 95, infamous “Vietnam Travel” money laundering case where full acquittals were obtained in one of the biggest money laundering cases in BC history;
- R. v. Magalong, 2013 BCCA 478, a leading case from the B.C. Court of Appeal on language rights for detainees in police custody;
- R. v. Morley, 2013 BCSC 463, a highly complex customs case involving alleged violations of the Federal Customs Act;
- R. v. To, 2012 BCPC 49; one of the few reported cases involving a stay of proceedings for Marijuana Cultivation based on unreasonable delay;
- Other complex criminal cases, including jury acquittals as lead counsel; and
- Other motor vehicle accident cases.
In total, he has conducted over 125 trials as lead counsel, including jury and non-jury cases.
Nathaniel has a particular interest in motorcycle accident cases, having been an avid motorcyclist from the age of 16.