Eric L. Vandergriendt
After articling with McQuarrie, Eric joined the firm as an Associate in 2014 and became a Partner in 2020.
Eric is a solicitor in the real estate group and deals with a wide variety of real estate matters, with an emphasis on land development. Eric has expertise in areas such as acquiring and selling raw land and land assemblies, redevelopment including rezoning and subdivision, as well as marketing (including REDMA compliance), project sales and leasing matters.
Eric advises clients on setting up appropriate corporate structures for real estate transactions including limited partnerships, corporations, joint ventures and bare trusts.
In his spare time he enjoys spending time with his growing family (3 young boys and a daughter) as well as travelling, hiking and camping.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar in September 2014
- University of Alberta, J.D. 2013
- University of British Columbia, B.Sc. Wood Products Processing
- Canadian Bar Association
- New Westminster Bar Association
- Christian Legal Fellowship
- Acting for joint venture developer on $67M financing debt financing arrangement.
- Acting for purchaser of $15M winery out of receivership.
- Acting for developer in acquiring, consolidating, rezoning and marketing 127 unit multi-family project in Langley BC.
- Acting for purchaser of $11.5M hotel and associated restaurant
- Acting for landlords and tenants in negotiating, drafting and reviewing commercial leases.
- Director – Bethesda Christian Association since 2014.