Anna is a solicitor in our Business and Real Estate practice groups. Anna assists her clients with various corporate commercial and real estate matters, including buying and selling businesses and real estate, land development, commercial leasing, and employment issues.
Anna first joined McQuarrie in 2018 as a first-year summer articled student. She became an associate in 2021 after completing her full articles with the firm.
Prior to starting her legal career, Anna worked in business-to-business sales, marketing, and event management. Anna leverages her experiences working in business and in law to provide practical and strategic legal advice to her clients.
Originally from the Lower Mainland area in BC, Anna completed her undergraduate degree at the Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia, focusing in marketing and human resources management. She attended the University of Calgary for her first year of law school, and completed her legal education at the Peter A. Allard School of Law at the University of British Columbia. Outside of work, Anna enjoys skiing, cycling, and going for walks with her dog, Ferguson.
- Called to the British Columbia Bar in 2021
- BCom, Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia, 2008-2013
- JD, University of Calgary, 2017-2018
- JD, Peter A. Allard School of Law, University of British Columbia, 2018-2020
- Canadian Bar Association
- Assistant Editor, UBC Law Review, 2019-2020
- Volunteer, UBC Legal Education Outreach Club, 2018-2019
- Volunteer, Calgary Civil Claims Duty Counsel, Pro Bono Students Canada, 2017-2018
- Mentor, Access Student Career Development Program, Burnaby Board of Trade, 2013-2017