Learning & Development Trainer
Reports to: HR Manager for all training aspects, in conjunction with IT Manager when rolling out new software and platforms
Software and Technology Specialist
- Assists in indentifying and coordinating the planning and implementation of various software platforms, data services, and information products.
- Coordinates new hire training orientations, set ups of necessary software and programs, customization, and ongoing support.
- Conducts all training for new lawyers and staff on all legal software and systems pertaining to their positions.
- Coordinates on-going training seminars for lawyers and staff on both legal and desktop programs/software.
- Responsible for firm telephone system (Cisco Jabber) training and telephone maintenance with revisions to the internal telephone listing.
- Conducts training sessions with new staff on the firm’s printers, scanners and photocopiers.
- Orientation of lawyers and students on library and online legal research resources and maintenance of physical library books and loose leaf inserts.
- Updates precedents with regular updates and revisions.
- Provides legal software support and training for PC Law, TimeMatters, Worldox, Reveal, ACL, ALF, E-Convey, Divorcemate and other software systems as needed.
- Maintains the content on the firm intranet with respect to the telephone listings and training precedents, and policies.
- Provides recommendations regarding software and technology.
- Document automation
- Coordinates online library resources for WesLaw and maintaining online resources
- Coordinates lawyer CPD credits and program
- Will attend BCLMA meetings as needed to suggest new software and technology to ensure the firm is using the latest platforms.
Back-up IT Support (when IT staff is away)
- Provides additional support, assistance and troubleshooting under the direction of the IT Manager to desktop, laptop, tablet and smart phone uses.
- Provides assistance to the IT Manager with installing, upgrading and troubleshooting operating systems, servers and security related issues.
- Responsible for audiovisual set ups throughout the firm and its two floors.
- Responsible for IT help desk queries and issues.
- Provides additional relief to the IT Manager when unavailable.
- This position is not a management position. This is a staff position and therefore any overtime that is required, requested and pre-approved by the HR Manager will be paid as per policy.
- IT Manager and IT support clerk will assist with new hire training when this role is away on vacation or ill.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please submit your application below or send your resume with “IT Training” in the subject line, along with a cover letter to Ashley Schaffer, Human Resources Generalist at [email protected]