Family Law Legal Administrative Assistant
We are currently seeking a full-time Family Law Legal Administrative Assistant to join our firm.
About the role:
Duties will include
- Opening, organizing, and closing files
- Initial file review and assessment
- Managing and overseeing files from start to finish
- Managing the document discovery process
- Reviewing, summarizing, and organizing documents
- Preparing legal documents and agreements for the Supreme and Provincial Courts
- Drafting correspondence for clients, counsel, and other third parties
- Drafting settlement documentation
- Conduct title searches, file and register liens on properties
- Maintaining firm systems pertaining to the practice area including calendars, integrated legal software ProLaw, DivorceMate, and client files
- Conducting BC Online searches
- Organizing and preparing for meetings, mediations, hearings, applications, trials, etc.
- Setting appointments, discoveries, court time, etc.
- Phoning opposing counsel re: dates for various applications, trials, discoveries, etc.
- Maintaining a BF and limitation system
- Preparing trial books and books of documents
- Updating rules of court binders
- Frequent communication with opposing counsel and clients
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- A LAA Certificate from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in general litigation work in Family Law
- Proficient with MS Word and Outlook
- Solid understanding of Supreme and Provincial Court Family Rules
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement, professionalism, and to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
What we offer and why it is great to work on our team:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive benefit package
- Pension plan after 2 years of you being on the team
- Professional development allowance and amazing opportunities for personal growth and development
- A $1500 annual health spending account
- A generous vacation allotment
- Sick and personal days
- Monthly social events
- Various discounts offered in Central City mall, right below our office
- A supportive team of coworkers to work alongside each day
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, apply to the form below or send your resume with “Family Law Legal Administrative Assistant” in the subject line, along with a cover letter to Ashley Schaffer, Human Resources Generalist at [email protected].
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.