Amalia’s practice encompasses a wide-range of estate services, including estate planning and wealth preservation, estate administration and estate litigation. Amalia comes to the practice of law from a strong academic background that includes a Bachelor of Arts from the University of British Columbia in History and European Studies, a Masters of in Arts in European Studies from the University of British Columbia, and J.D. from the University of Victoria.
Amalia is an active member of the Lower Mainland Bar Associations and is a frequent presenter at free public seminars aimed at educating people about the importance of estate and personal planning.
Amalia was born and raised in Vancouver and is an active member of the Hungarian-Canadian community in the Lower Mainland.
In September 2016, Amalia was appointed the Honourary Vice-Consul of Hungary in British Columbia. The Honorary Consulate’s jurisdiction is solely within the province of British Columbia and its mandate is to assist Hungarian citizens, Hungarians living abroad, tourists and the residents of British Columbia with their various consular matters related to Hungary. For all consulate related enquiries please visit the Embassy of Hungary’s website or email email@example.com.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Vancouver Bar Association
- New Westminster Bar Association
- Surrey Bar Association
Positions / Community Involvement
- Honourary Vice-Consul for Hungary in British Columbia
- Financial Director, Forras Hungarian Folk Dance Ensemble of Vancouver
- Representing clients in the Provincial and Supreme Court of British Columbia
- Assisting clients in reaching settlement agreements, both before and after the commencement of legal proceedings
Hobbies / Interests
- Folk-Dancing (Forras Hungarian Folk Dance Ensemble of Vancouver)
- Juris Doctor, University of Victoria, 2012
- Master of Arts (European Studies), University of British Columbia, 2009
- Bachelor of Arts (History and Modern European Studies), University of British Columbia, 2007
Years of Call & Jurisdiction
- Called to the British Columbia Bar in 2013