Wade’s practice includes corporate and commercial law, real estate development, commercial leasing, commercial lending, residential conveyancing, and mortgages.
Wade has comprehensive experience advising directors and shareholders of private companies on their rights and obligations, and negotiating and preparing shareholder agreements. He regularly advises private companies and their shareholders on reorganizing structure and shareholdings to better suit their business and succession objectives.
Wade represents clients
- in structuring and negotiating agreements for the sale and acquisition of businesses
- on the purchase and sale of commercial properties and buildings
- in negotiating long-term commercial lease agreements for the development of lands and infrastructure
- in negotiating the expropriation of interests in lands by expropriation authorities
Wade has a broad understanding of residential real estate law and represents individuals and families in the purchase and sale of their personal and rental properties.
Wade advises numerous banks and credit unions on the structuring of commercial and personal loans and preparing security documentation.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association
- CBA Business Law Section
- CBA Real Property Section
- CBA Banking Law Section
Positions / Community Involvement
- New Westminster Chamber of Commerce, past president and director
- New Westminster Spirit of BC Community Committee, director
- Royal City Builders’ Awards, judge
- Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation Gala Committee, co-chair
- represented a shareholder client in the resolution of a long-standing dispute with other shareholders of a significant company in the marine log-towing and barge-towing business that resulted in the negotiation and settlement of agreements to better define and normalize the business relationship between the parties and to restructure and reorganize the companies to meet succession objectives of the shareholders
- was a key member of the legal team responsible for the implementation of a major urban treaty for a First Nation that required the negotiation and preparation of all land-related documents to reorganize and register all legal interests of parties on the effective date of the treaty, including fee simple interests, leasehold interests (commercial and residential), and rights of way for access and utilities
- represented a commercial landlord in a complex expropriation negotiation with the province and its dealings with its tenants having major business operations on the subject lands and public utilities
Hobbies / Interests
- travelling throughout the world
- spending time with family
- Bachelor of Laws, University of British Columbia, 1991
- Bachelor of Arts, Simon Fraser University, 1988
Years of Call & Jurisdiction
Called to the BC Bar in 1992