Neil was born in the UK and moved to British Columbia with his family at a very early age. After growing up in Powell River, he earned his BA in History and Economics at the University of Victoria and then went on to complete his Law Degree at the University of British Columbia. After articling in Richmond, he was called to the BC Bar in 1997.
Since that time, he has practiced primarily in the fields of personal injury and commercial litigation, with a focus on trial and mediation work. After spending five years working in-house for the Insurance Corporation of BC, he entered private practice in 2003.
In 2007, Neil helped found the New Westminster law firm of Kinman Mulholland and acted as that firm’s managing partner until joining McQuarrie Hunter in September of 2015.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Wanson (Bristol) Development Ltd. v. Sahba, 2016 BCSC 2387
- Kyrylov v. Maroke, 2016 BCSC 207
- 0942112 B.C. Ltd. v. Canada Mofareh Trading Ltd., 2015 BCSC 548
- Song Woon Enterprises Ltd. v. 762138 B.C. Ltd., 2014 BCSC 967
- Randhawa v. Chiang, 2014 BCSC 631
- Harim Co. Ltd. v. Nam, 2013 BCSC 666
- Rana v. Nagra, 2010 BCSC 535
- Penland v. Lofting, 2008 BCSC 507
- Creative Door Services Ltd. v. 3609987 Canada Inc., 2006 BCSC 1676
- Kim v. Kwak, 2006 BCSC 641
- MVA and personal injury claims, including brain injury, catastrophic and major loss claims.
- Commercial litigation, including construction matters, real estate litigation, sale of goods, insurance claims and shareholder disputes.
- Creditors’ remedies and collections work, including builder’s lien claims.
Hobbies / Interests
- Back-country and Northern Travel
- Landscape and Wildlife Photography
- History of BC
- Craft Beer
- Bachelor of Laws, University of British Columbia, 1996
- Bachelor of Arts (History & Economics), University of Victoria, 1993
Years of Call & Jurisdiction
Called to the BC Bar in 1997.