Manjot joined McQuarrie Hunter LLP as an associate after completing her articles with the firm in 2016. Manjot practices as a litigator, and has experience in a wide range of areas including personal injury and motor vehicle accident law, commercial litigation, and employment law. She has appeared before the BC Provincial Court, BC Supreme Court, and the Employment Standards Tribunal.
Manjot received her B.A. from the University of British Columbia, and her J.D. from the University of Alberta. She was an active member of her law school community, serving as Editor-in-Chief of the student newspaper and Technical Director of the school variety show. Manjot was also employed as a research assistant for Landscapes of Injustice, a seven-year interdisciplinary research project, during law school. Manjot received the Honourable Justice Cecilia Johnstone Equality Award in recognition of her law school and community involvement in 2015.
Manjot is fluent in Punjabi.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Legal Education and Action Fund (“LEAF”)
- New Westminster Bar Association
- Surrey Bar Association
- Surrey Board of Trade
Positions / Community Involvement
- Member, Tourism, Arts, and Culture Team of Surrey Board of Trade
Recognitions / Awards
- Honourable Justice Cecilia Johnstone Equality Award, 2015
Hobbies / Interests
- Juris Doctor, University of Alberta, 2015
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and English Literature, University of British Columbia, 2011
Years of Call & Jurisdiction
- Called to the BC Bar in 2016