Jacy provides solutions to family members needing help sorting out property issues, or to family members needing help with estates that seem to be unfairly distributed by a will or by transactions that happened before someone died.
She also assists land owners and business people with resolving disputes, including insurance and professional negligence claims.
Jacy approaches dispute resolution through a variety of processes or through the courts. She has appeared at all levels of court in British Columbia and uses a solutions-based approach to dealing with matters and a personal, team-oriented approach to dealing with clients.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Association of Black Lawyers
- Canadian Bar Association’s Equality Committee, 1999–2003
- Continuing Legal Education Society, Wills and Estates Practice Area Advisory Committee, 2000–2001
Positions / Community Involvement
- Surrey Memorial Hospital Foundation, member of the Executive Committee and past chair
- Little Flower Academy, member, Board of Directors
- Little Flower Academy Parents’ Auxiliary, member
Lectures / Publications / Seminars
- Professional Legal Training Course, Law Society of BC, guest lecturer
Hobbies / Interests
- spending time with family and friends
- Bachelor of Laws, Osgoode Hall Law School, 1987
- Bachelor of Arts, University of British Columbia, 1982
- Called to the BC Bar in 1993
- Called to the Bar in Trinidad and Tobago in 1989