Kevin joined McQuarrie Hunter LLP in 2008. Over the years, he has appeared in many Provincial Court and Supreme Court of British Columbia matters, as well as conducted several trials, pre-trial applications, examinations for discoveries and mediations. Kevin’s litigation experience includes personal injury claims, motor vehicle accident claims, insurance claims, defamation claims, employment law (both employer and employee), property disputes and all manners of contractual disputes. He has also handled employment standards branch, human rights tribunal, and tenancy branch claims.
Kevin is a featured guest speaker on the Law Show on CISL 650 AM where he discusses topics relating to personal injury and motor vehicle accident claims. Kevin has also been interviewed by the CBC to comment on various legal matters.
In his spare time, Kevin enjoys playing hockey, reading and most of all spending time with his family that now includes his daughter, Charlee Lynn.
Kevin is fully bilingual in French and English.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- New Westminster Bar Association
- Member of Surrey Bar Association
- Director of Surrey Bar Association
- Treasurer of Surrey Bar Association
Positions / Community Involvement
- Volunteer – Special Olympics BC – every Sunday
- Appears regularly on CISL 650 “The Law Show” to discuss Personal Injury Law.
Recognitions / Awards
- Became Partner at McQuarrie Hunter in 2015.
- Joba v. Basant Holdings Ltd., 2013 BCSC 1469
- Wanson (Bristol) Development Ltd. v. Bloor, 2014 BCSC 312
- Wanson (Bristol) Development Ltd. v. Sahba, 2016 BCSC 2387
- Conducted trials at the BC Provincial Court and Supreme Court levels.
- Represented clients in employment standards and human rights tribunal hearings.
Hobbies / Interests
- spending time with his family
- ice hockey
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 2008
- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science and History), University of British Columbia, 2002
Years of Call & Jurisdiction
Called to the BC Bar in 2009