Upon graduation from UBC Law School in 1979, Kim Floeck joined the law firm of McQuarrie Hunter LLP, where she maintains a busy practice in the Estate Planning and Estate Administration area.
Kim is deeply committed to public legal education, and accordingly, she has conducted many seminars over the years on estate and trust issues for the Life Insurance Underwriters Association, the BC Medical Association, retiring employees at Save-On-Foods and Labatts Breweries, to mention just a few. As well, in keeping with her interest in legal issues affecting parents with disabled children, she has served as a past director of the Simon Fraser Society.
Kim was asked by the Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch to sit on the estates and trusts practice advisory panel when it was first constituted in the early 1980′s, and she continues to serve on that panel to this day.
Kim has also been a Past Contributing Author to the CLE-BC’s British Columbia Probate & Estate Administration Practice Manual. More recently, she taught a very popular 4-week estate planning courses for Elder College at Capilano University.
Prior to electing Associate Counsel status in 2010, Kim was the partner heading McQuarrie Hunter’s estates and trusts practice group.
Kim is fluent in German.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch – Estates and Trusts Practice Advisory Panel
- Canadian Bar Association, Vancouver Wills and Trusts Subsection
Lectures / Publications / Seminars
- Professional Legal Training Course (BC), Examiner and Guest Instructor
- British Columbia Probate & Estate Administration Practice Manual, CLE-BC, Past Contributing Author
- Bachelor of Laws, University of British Columbia, 1979
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Simon Fraser University, 1975
Years of Call & Jurisdiction
Called to the BC Bar in 1980