Our Family Law Philosophy
McQuarrie Hunter LLP represents clients dealing with the complex and emotional issues common to family law. Our firm understands that issues such as divorce, child custody, support, and even adoption require a form of legal guidance that is equal parts compassion and determination. The breakdown of a relationship creates turmoil and confusion for all the parties involved – spouses, parents, children and extended family members. At McQuarrie Hunter LLP we focus on helping our clients regain their balance and guide them as they take the steps that are necessary to work through the end of their relationships. We start with an objective and pragmatic review of your rights and obligations with respect to your position. From there, we review your goals and preferred outcomes and help you develop an appropriate strategy for negotiation, mediation and litigation should it become necessary.
Family Law Experience
McQuarrie Hunter LLP’s family law practice group has broad experience in:
- Divorce and separation
- Division of assets for married, common law and same sex couples
- Child and spousal support
- Child custody, guardianship and access
- Mobility applications (the right to move where children are involved)
- Restraining/protection orders with respect to the person and assets
- Child removal/apprehension
- Marriage, cohabitation, prenuptial and separation agreements
Contact McQuarrie Hunter LLP Family Lawyers
It is our goal to achieve our clients’ objectives in an efficient and cost-effective manner. If you are going through a period of transition and require legal advice and representation, please contact the family law lawyers at McQuarrie Hunter LLP.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Common-law Relationships
- Separating from a Partner?
- The BC Family Law Act
Lawyers in this area: